Houston BBB Offers Tips for Apartment Search
Searching for a quality apartment can be an exciting, and an overwhelming task.
In an article posted Aug. 23 on Chron.com, the Better Business Bureau of Greater Houston and South Texas offers tips for a successful apartment search.
- Tour properties in person. Websites often use pictures taken from the best locations on the property or of model units. If you can, view a vacant unit to get a better idea of what you’re really getting.
- Find out who manages the property and what their track record is. Frequent change in management could become problematic as policies and maintenance standards could be affected. Read companies’ business reviews at www.bbbhouston.org.
Recommended by the Editors:
- 6 Sites to Help Decode Houston Renters Rights
- 4 Ways to Protect Your Electronics from Houston Hurricanes
- Truck Is Top-Seller in Houston, But Imports and ‘Green’ Cars On the Rise
Find your nearest Houston Allstate Agent, who can help you protect your belongings with renters insurance.