5 Places to Charge Your Electric Vehicle in Vegas
If the lights on The Strip are any indication of the power in this city, electric vehicle (EV) drivers should be in luck. And Las Vegas is maximizing its available power sources, using the strong Nevada sun as a source—some EV charging stations across the state are powered with solar energy, according to non-profit Solar NV. The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority says the city is pushing to become more environmentally conscious in terms of water and recycling efforts, too.
1. Check out the first charging station on The Strip. MGM Resorts debuted the first EV charging station on The Strip. The stations are at The Shoppes at Mandalay Place, where visitors will find more shops, bars and restaurants then they can shake a stick at, and in the parking garage they’ll also find a few free charging stations.
2. Plug in while you work out. The Stupak Community Center offers charging stations, along with full-court basketball, a weight room and a walking track. It’s the perfect pit stop if you work on or near The Strip.
3. Power up at The Palazzo. Many hotels on The Strip now offer charging stations in their parking garages. The Palazzo and The Venetian both have stations that you can plug into while you stay the day or the weekend.
4. Charge your credit card and your car. At Las Vegas’s Crystals at City Center, a mall packed with more than 40 shops, as well as restaurants and nightlife, you can power up your EV while you spend the day shopping.
5. All business, all power. The Las Vegas Convention Center is one of the busiest convention centers in the country, so chances are you’ll be making a stop here for work or an event at some point. When you do, be sure to park in the garage, where you’ll find a free charging station, open 24/7.
Know of others? Tell us in the comments!
Recommended by the Editors:
- Crash Tests Can Protect Drivers in Las Vegas
- Want to Drive in Las Vegas? Consider Comprehensive Coverage
- Protect Your Car and Its Contents in Vegas’ Extreme Heat
Make sure your vehicle is protected for road trips and everyday driving. Contact an Allstate Agent near you.