Understanding liability coverage
If you drive in Seattle, you most likely have liability coverage as part of your auto insurance policy. That’s because a liability policy is required for all vehicles registered with the state of Washington.
According to the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner, the minimum liability limits for your vehicle are as follows:
- $25,000 to cover injuries to another person
- $50,000 to cover injuries to other people, per accident
- $10,000 to cover damages to another person’s property
Learn more about liability coverage and what it protects in the video below.
Recommended by the Editors:
- Seattle Commute: Helpful Tips if You’re in a Car Accident
- How to Avoid Buying a Car With a Safety Recall
- It’s Spring in Seattle! Tackle Home Improvement Projects that Help Save Energy
Contact your local Allstate Agent to review your auto insurance coverage.